Open Door Christian Academy is governed by a school board of at least seven members. The board composition includes parents, some representing education in the public sector, Church of the Open Door members, ODCA leadership and present and former business professionals. The Board meets monthly to provide accountability and guidance regarding vision, budget, and educational priorities.
Board members serve three-year terms up to a maximum of six years in succession. The board President and the Senior Pastor of the Church of the Open Door are permanent members.
The school board meets monthly and is responsible for setting policy, budget development and fund-raising, and for evaluating the performance of the Head of School.
Correspondence for the school board should be directed to the school board President or the Head of School.
Open Door Christian Academy is grateful for the investment in time these individuals dedicate to pursuing godly wisdom while providing leadership for our school family.
Current School Board members include:
- Rob Albert – Parent and Assistant Vice Principal, Sandy Run Middle School
- Clint Ehlers – Parent and CEO FAST SIGNS Willow Grove and Cherry Hill
- Lois Glasstetter – Co-Principal and Life-long educator Hatboro-Horsham schools
- Dr. Glenn Jago – Sr. Pastor, Church of the Open Door
- Dr. Laura McCollum – Head of School
- Pete Meier – Former EVP Alliance Bank and member, Church of the Open Door
- Judy Severns – Co-Principal and Adjunct Faculty – Cairn University
- John Smith Jr. – Parent and Asst. Dir of Education, De La Salle Vocational High School
- Tom Vetterani – Board President – Former SVP Strategy and Corporate Development, CompuCom Systems, Inc., and member, Church of the Open Door
The School Board Helps to Promote:
- Spiritual encouragement and support within the members of our school family
- Respect for Scriptural standards of personal conduct and morals
- School spirit and morale
- Communication and understanding between school families, faculty and administration
- Family-oriented events