ODCA summer filled with improvements in anticipation of new school year
In chapter 16 of the book of John, the Apostle speaks of being separated from others that he cares about and the joy of being reunited with them in the near future. Summer is very much like that here at ODCA. While everyone enjoys the pleasures that summer brings, we also miss having our students in the buildings, roaming our hallways, and working in classrooms. We love our students, and so we love having them come back to us. This summer, we have spent a considerable amount of time preparing for that return so that we can best serve them and their families. A lot of these changes are things that will probably not be seen or noticed, and some will be readily obvious. Here is a peek at some of the new things that have been implemented this summer and await our students:
- Our new Head of School, Dr. Laura McCollum, joined us in July. What a joy to see God’s provision and His hand at work in our school. She has been working diligently with our faculty and staff to ensure that we are well-prepared for the new school year. If you haven’t already, please welcome Dr. McCollum when you see her during Back to School Night, September 10th.
- Our new ‘Warriors’ logo and school branding is being installed to give all of us a picture of who we are in the Lord. As students move throughout the campus they will see fresh images and messages reminding us of our identity in Christ. Plans are in place to repaint the hallways to incorporate our new color scheme. Watch for that.
- The computers in our lab have been updated with new software and ready for students to discover new worlds as they work on special projects together.
- The kitchen in the gym is undergoing a major uplift. A new commercial stove, hood and fire suppression system are being installed and will be ready for our Thanksgiving Feast in November.
- The new gym lighting system installed earlier has made a huge difference and will enhance our sports and drama programs throughout the year.
Of course, there were many, many other things: new handbooks and student schedules were created and revised, room assignments made, new faculty and staff hired and on-boarded, budgets finalized, new furnishings and fixtures installed, and so on.
We do all this for one reason—because we love our students and want the best possible learning experience for them. We want more than anything for them to see God’s presence and work in their studies and lives, and we can’t wait to see them in just a few days.
Tom Vetterani, President
Open Door Christian Academy School Board
For information on enrollment, click here to visit our Admissions Page
Open Door Christian Academy has been Accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Middle States Association
“ODCA provides a unique family atmosphere where the students feel like they belong and the teachers truly care about them.”
“What sets Open Door apart from other schools is the warmth and atmosphere coming from the teachers and the staff. They have been wonderful to work with.”
“My children were welcomed with open arms by the teachers, staff and other students. They love their new school.”
“My child is encouraged to grow spiritually, academically and emotionally, and to serve one another.”
“Open Door has made a positive impact on the lives of my children and my family.”
September 17 – ODPA General Meeting – 9:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.
September 19 – School Pictures
September 27 – ODPA Family Ice Cream Social